Applications for the 2022-23 class of Leadership Academy are now being accepted.
The LeadingAge Illinois Leadership Academy was created to develop leaders who are passionate, empowered, visionary and committed to life-long learning so they are able to successfully advocate for older adults while evoking excellence within their organizations.
The class of fellows meets four times throughout the course of 8-9 months, all within the state of Illinois. It is an immersive experience in which fellows devote two days each session that help them:
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Find their authentic leadership voice
- Learn how to be a coach and mentor
- Discover the secret of building trust at multiple levels—with others, within organizations, and communities at large
- Build and lead teams
- Determine how to create an empowered and engaged team based on the group’s strengths
- Explore their potential as a change agent
- Understand the five discovery skills which drive innovation and lead to creative new models of service
- Become an innovative and visionary leader
- Embrace a holistic approach to life and work for maximum effectiveness
Click here to view the brochure, which contains more information about Leadership Academy and the application process.
Who should attend:
The program also includes planned tours of host communities so fellows may understand how each community puts into practice the learnings from the program. From time to time, a fellow may also invite their leadership academy group to tour his/her community. While this may be encouraged, these opportunities would be available and attended on a voluntary basis.
It is recommended that you send emerging or current leaders from your organization, including executives, directors, managers, and coordinators. Only three people from one organization may participate at a time.
The registration fee is $2,750 for the full program (four sessions/eight days).
- All books, materials, and handouts
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Community site tours
- 3 group dinners
- Graduation ceremony
Acceptance into the 2022-23 program also provides fellows with a complimentary registration to the 2023 LeadingAge Illinois Annual Meeting & Expo on March 6-7, 2023, in Schaumburg, IL.
- Leadership Academy applications are due May 25, 2022.
- Session 1 will be held in Central Illinois. July 18-19, 2022.
- Session 2 will be held in Chicago. Sept 19-20, 2022.
- Session 3 will be held in Chicago Suburbs. Jan 9-10, 2023.
- Session 4 location TBD. April 17-18, 2023.
Complete your registration Form
Upload your documents to support your application.
Commitment Signature Form signed by your organization CEO/Executive/Admin.