COVID-19 Response: Collaboration Across the Continuum Webinar Series Overview Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a new disease is a serious global health threat and has taken the healthcare
COVID-19 Response: Collaboration Across the Continuum Webinar Series
Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a new disease is a serious global health threat and has taken the healthcare community by storm. With over 6 million cases and 190,000 deaths in the United States, the healthcare community has come together to care for patients and the community
Join LeadingAge Illinois and the Illinois Health and Hospital Association (IHA) for a three-part webinar series with hospital and long term care partners to hear their stories about how they worked together to overcome care coordination challenges, collaborative successes, and lessons learned to support their patients and community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Presenters will focus on strategies and give attendees an opportunity to engage in discussion around:
• Infection Prevention Best Practices: how hospitals and long term care facilities shared infection prevention knowledge/expertise/support between facilities
• Person Protective Equipment: how facilities worked together to overcome PPE challenges
• Testing: how organizations worked together to facilitate testing of patients
• Patient Transfer: how organizations worked together to successfully transfer patients
• Staff Morale: how organizations worked on addressing staff morale
Directors of Nursing, discharge planners, administrators, nursing staff, infection control preventionists, and social workers.
• Tuesday, October 20, 12:00-1:00pm
Silver Cross Hospital, Ferrell Hospital, Victorian Village, and Wabash Christian Village will share their experiences with partnership among other area facilities, infection prevention support in urban and rural facilities, and support with personal protective equipment.
• Wednesday, November 4, 12:00-1:00pm
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare and Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital will share their experiences with managing a pandemic response across a large healthcare system and strategies for dedicated rehabilitation services to care for patients recovering from COVID-19.
• Friday, November 13, 10:00-11:00am
University of Chicago Hospital, Carle Foundation Hospital, and Clark-Lindsey Village will share their experiences supporting robust testing and addressing staff morale amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
This webinar series is sponsored by ValueFirst.
Up to 3.0 CEs may be earned for this webinar series.
There is no fee to attend this webinar series. Registering via this link will register you for all 3 webinars.
(Wednesday) 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.