IDPH Weekly Meeting Recap
In yesterday’s weekly meeting with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), LeadingAge Illinois and the other associations discussed the following issues and more with the Department:
- CMP Reinvestment Grant
- Top 10 COVID-19 Citations
IDPH reported that they have two legislative initiatives they have proposed this session.
- HB291 creates the Water Quality Assurance Act. It states that new and existing health care facilities and buildings containing health care facilities shall develop and implement water management programs to control the growth and spread of opportunistic pathogens.
- SB478 states that IDPH shall, by rule, adopt criteria to identify facilities that are distressed and shall publish a list of identified facilities quarterly. Further says that no facility shall be identified as a distressed facility unless it has committed violations or deficiencies that have actually harmed residents. LeadingAge Illinois has no position on this bill.
The Department is opposing HB2423, which would require IDPH to certify the Temporary Nurse Assistant (TNA) program.
CMP Reinvestment Grant:
IDPH submitted the program to CMS and is awaiting a response. Applications would be available in 2022.
IDPH reported that there will be no blind second surveys. They thanked the association for having members included in a listening session on Wednesday afternoon.
Top 10 COVID-19 Citations:
March 1, 2020 – March 1, 2021
- F880-Infection Prevention and Control
- F884-Reporting to National Health Safety Network
- F689-Free from Accidents and hazards
- F686-Treatment, services to prevent and heal pressure ulcers
- F684-Quality of care
- F580-Notification of changes
- F609-Reporting of alleged violation
- F886-COVID Testing Residents & Staff
- F885-Reporting/residents and families
- F883-Influenze and Pneumococcal immunizations
IDPH is still working on their guidance and does not have a timeline for a release. LeadingAge Illinois has been in frequent contact with the Department on the status.
Providers should still follow the guidance with the higher standard when reviewing CDC, city, or county guidance.
If you have questions or concerns you would like us to bring to the table next meeting, please contact Ruta Prasauskas.
Weekly TANs and Medicaid Pendings Update
LeadingAge Illinois Consultant Matt Werner, Werner Consulting
LeadingAge Illinois Consultant, Matt Werner of Werner Consulting, has provided his weekly update on Transaction Audit Numbers (TANs). Click here to access the TANs report and here for an update on Medicaid pendings.
2019 Cost Reports
The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services has posted the 2019 Long Term Care Cost Reports for long term care and supportive living. Click here to view them.
LeadingAge Illinois Advocacy Center
We want to make sure you are aware of the latest on legislation before the Illinois General Assembly this session and the work we are doing to advocate for members. Special thanks to members who have been reaching out to their legislators on legislative matters. If you do not know who your legislators are, click here to find out. We will need more grassroots advocacy as this challenging session continues.
If you have any questions, contact Jason Speaks.
LeadingAge Virtual Lobby Day Registration Is Now Live
Are your U.S. senators and representative aware of your organization’s critical work? Do they understand the challenges you face or policies that could improve care and services for older Americans? They should! That’s why we’re inviting you to join LeadingAge’s Congressional Lobby Day on April 21, 2021. It’s your chance to meet with your elected officials and advocate for issues that are important to aging services. Learn more and register today.
Vaccines Discounts for LeadingAge Members
This flu season, LeadingAge National is partnering with Member Solutions partner Seqirus, a leader in the fight against influenza with an innovative portfolio of products. As a LeadingAge member, you are eligible to earn multiple discounts across Seqirus’ portfolio of innovative influenza and vaccine solutions, including prompt pay and early reservation offers. Pre-book reservation by April 15, 2021 to receive:
- 3% discount on orders
- 2% discount on orders paid within 60 days
- The ability to return 25% of each brand ordered and unused by the end of the season